16 Jun 2018
David Reynolds will start from pole position for Race 15 of the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship.
In what is his first pole position for Erebus Motorsport, Reynolds led a team 1-3 with rookie teammate Anton de Pasquale putting in his best performance of his short top-flight career to take third on the grid.
Championship leader Scott McLaughlin split the Erebus pair in his Shell V-Power Ford.
Castrol Racing/Nissan Motorsport's Rick Kelly was fourth quickest after finishing inside the top five in every session of the weekend.
Shane Van Gisbergen led teammate Jamie Whincup in a Red Bull Holden Racing Team lock-out of places five and six.
Andre Heimgartner's was the next best Nissan in seventh place, with Scott Pye (Mobil 1 Boost Mobile Racing) splitting him and the third-best Altima of Michael Caruso.
Will Davison qualified his Milwaukee Racing Falcon in tenth.
Hidden Valley - Qualifying (Race 15)
- David Reynolds, Erebus Penrite Racing (Holden) 1:05.8496
- Scott McLaughlin, Shell V-Power Racing Team (Ford) +0:00.0447
- Anton de Pasquale, Erebus Motorsport (Holden) +0:00.1637
- Rick Kelly, Castrol Racing (Nissan) +0:00.1758
- Shane Van Gisbergen, Red Bull Holden Racing Team (Holden) +0:00.2065
- Jamie Whincup, Red Bull Holden Racing Team (Holden) +0:00.2767
- Andre Heimgartner, Plus Fitness Racing (Nissan) +0:00.3156
- Scott Pye, Mobil 1 Boost Mobile Racing (Holden) +0:00.3232
- Michael Caruso, Drive Racing (Nissan) +0:00.3581
- Will Davison, Milwaukee Racing (Ford), +0:00.3797