17 Jun 2018
Scott McLaughlin held off Shane Van Gisbergen to take out Race 15 of the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship at Hidden Valley on Saturday afternoon.
In doing so, McLaughlin secured the 100th race win for Dick Johnson Racing in Supercars.
Strategy favoured the pair, who came out in the effective race lead after the first round of stops, with polesitter and actual race leader David Reynolds falling down the order after his stops.
The highlight of the race was undoubtedly this exchange by Rick Kelly, Jamie Whincup, Craig Lowndes, David Reynolds and Shane Van Gisbergen.
Race 15 results
- Scott McLaughlin, Shell V-Power Racing Team (Ford)
- Shane Van Gisbergen, Red Bull Holden Racing Team (Holden)
- David Reynolds, Erebus Penrite Motorsport (Holden)
- Scott Pye, Mobil 1 Boost Mobile Racing (Holden)
- Garth Tander, Wilson Security Racing GRM (Holden)
- Rick Kelly, Castrol Racing (Nissan)
- Craig Lowndes, Autobarn Lowndes Racing (Holden)
- Jamie Whincup, Red Bull Holden Racing Team (Holden)
- Nick Percat, Frieghtliner Racing (Holden)
- Michael Caruso, Drive Racing (Nissan)