03 Mar 2019
Saturday winner Scott McLaughlin is on provisional pole for the second 250km leg of the Superloop Adelaide 500 after posting the fastest lap in qualifying.
But the talking point is undoubtedly the shootout debut of local driver Todd Hazelwood of Bigmate Racing, who qualified ninth fastest for the afternoon’s one-lap-dash.
Ironically, he finished ahead of Red Bull Holden Racing Team drivers Shane Van Gisbergen (tenth) and Jamie Whincup (twelfth) – the factory Holden pair unable to push the front runners during the session.
Instead, it was three Mustangs topping the timesheets on a circuit traditionally associated with Holden dominance.
The Tickford ponies of Chaz Mostert and Cam Waters were within nine hundredths of a second of McLaughlin, again demonstrating their strong pace from Saturday.
Nick Percat was the best of the Holdens in the Team National Pharmacies Commodore.
He was a tenth off the pace of McLaughlin’s Shell V-Power Mustang, and four hundredths quicker than yesterday’s polesitter Fabian Coulthard.
The Penrite Commodores of David Reynolds and Anton De Pasquale qualified sixth and seventh, ahead of Will Davison in eighth.
The Top 10 Shootout gets underway at 12:45pm.
Superloop Adelaide 500 - Race 2 Qualifying
- Scott McLaughlin - Shell V-Power Racing Team (Mustang)
- Chaz Mostert - Supercheap Auto Racing (Mustang)
- Cam Waters - Monster Energy Racing (Mustang)
- Nick Percat - Brad Jones Racing (Commodore)
- Fabian Coulthard - Shell V-Power Racing Team (Mustang)
- David Reynolds - Penrite Racing (Commodore)
- Anton De Pasquale - Penrite Racing (Commodore)
- Will Davison - Milwaukee Racing (Mustang)
- Todd Hazelwood - Matt Stone Racing (Commodore)
- Shane Van Gisbergen - Red Bull Holden Racing Team (Commodore)
Sunday's Supercars schedule
- 10.30am Qualifying
- 12.45pm Shootout
- 3.20pm Race 2 - 250km/78 laps
- View Sunday's track schedule here
More on SuperloopADL500.com.au
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: See all the action from the race
- SET LIST: Check out the times for the Saturday and Sunday concerts
- 500 CLUB: Register your interest to lock in 2020 seats at 2019 prices