03 Mar 2019
Scott McLaughlin will battle rival Shane Van Gisbergen into Turn 1 in Sunday's final 250km race of the Superloop Adelaide 500.
But Shell V-Power Racing teammate Fabian Coulthard and fellow Ford driver Chaz Mostert will have work to do, after the pair were excluded from the shootout.
Shell V-Power Racing breached a rule forbidding teams from working on cars when the shootout is underway, meaning Saturday's polesitter was sent from third to tenth for the race.
Mostert was penalised for kerb-hopping at Turn 2, and will start ninth.
But it will be full steam ahead for McLaughlin, who was the only driver to beat the time of main rival Van Gisbergen - which stood for the whole session until the Shell V-Power leader's final lap.
Van Gisbergen was first out in the shootout after scraping into the top 10 late in qualifying, but put in the only other lap under 1m20s in the session.
McLaughlin's teammate Fabian Coulthard will start third, with Penrite Racing's David Reynolds alongside him.
Tickford Racing had three drivers in the shootout, and Cam Waters - whose first race charge was halted by a malfunctioning cool suit - will line up on the third row with stablemate Will Davison.
Their teammate Chaz Mostert was disqualified from the session for kerb-hopping at Turn 2 and will start tenth.
South Australians Nick Percat and Todd Hazelwood will start on the fourth row, while Anton De Pasquale is ninth alongside Mostert after locking the brakes at Turn 9 to send him back in the order.
Race 2 commences at 3:20 pm
Superloop Adelaide 500 - Race 2 Shootout
- Scott McLaughlin - Shell V-Power Racing Team (Mustang)
- Shane Van Gisbergen - Red Bull Holden Racing Team (Commodore)
- David Reynolds - Penrite Racing (Commodore)
- Cam Waters - Monster Energy Racing (Mustang)
- Will Davison - Milwaukee Racing (Mustang)
- Nick Percat - Brad Jones Racing (Commodore)
- Todd Hazelwood - Matt Stone Racing (Commodore)
- Anton De Pasquale - Penrite Racing (Commodore)
- Chaz Mostert - Supercheap Auto Racing (Mustang)
- Fabian Coulthard - Shell V-Power Racing Team (Mustang)
More on SuperloopADL500.com.au
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: See all the action from the race
- SET LIST: Check out the times for the Saturday and Sunday concerts
- 500 CLUB: Register your interest to lock in 2020 seats at 2019 prices