Please find following information for the local community in regards to access to Victoria Park and surrounding area.
For further information, please contact email@example.com or 08 8212 8500
VICTORIA PARK ACCESS
Some areas within Victoria Park will be restricted for pedestrians and cyclists during the event build. These restrictions will be implemented across five phases to adhere to Work, Health and Safety legislation.
DECLARED EVENT PERIOD
The 2019 declared event period will be from 12:01am Wednesday 27 February until 12:01am Monday 4 March 2019 (5 days).
PUBLIC TRAFFIC VEHICLES & PEDESTRIANS
All public traffic, both vehicular and pedestrian, will be prohibited from the circuit from 12:01am Wednesday 27 February until 12:01am Monday 4 March 2019 (5 days).
BIKE TRACK THROUGH VICTORIA PARK
The bike track across Victoria Park will be closed during the Declared Event Period (5 days). These dates will be indicated by signs at each end of the bike track prior to closure.
GATE OPENING TIMES
Thursday 28 February – Sunday 3 March 2019 Gates will open at 9:30am on all event days. Gate One will remain open 24 hours a day over the event period. Access will be granted by security for authorised personnel only.
It is recommended that pets sensitive to noise be kept indoors during racing sessions. See the Race Program on the Superloop Adelaide 500 website for the latest information.
AFTER-RACE CONCERT SERIES
Friday 1 March 5:00pm – 11:30pm
Saturday 2 March 5:00pm – 11:30pm
Sunday 3 March 5:00pm – 11:30pm
The following improvements have been committed for the 2019 temproary works and event period:
- Reduce the Build and Dismantle period by 1 week from the 2018 Event
- Change in track configuration to allow Fullarton Road for remain open without lane closures from Grant Avenue to the Britannia Roundabout, excluding peak concert egress times.
- Consolidation of the event precinct to reduce the event footprint including:
- The Victoria Park entrance at the eastern end of Halifax Street;
- Tandanya Park in its’ entirety;
- Fullarton Road south works compounds and storage areas;
- The western footpath along Fullarton Road from Grant Avenue to the Britannia Roundabout; and
- Rymill Lake and significant areas of Rymill Park.
- Incorporation of the Pirie Street Grandstand into Grandstands within Victoria Park to reduce noise impact on businesses and residents on Hutt and Pirie Street.
- Relocation of the concert precinct to alleviate impact on the Christian Brothers College school ovals and resulting inconvenience.